This is the October 1990 issue and cost £1.75
Contents - 2 pages (4-5)
Let's Go! - 2 pages (8-9)
Top 10 Charts - 2 pages (50-51)
Yob's Gossip - 1 page (61)
- RoboCop II and RoboCop Too: Ocean to release Robocop II as their first NES title and Robocop on the Gameboy
- Exciting New Consoles Launched: Sega Mega Drive and Nintendo Gameboy shown at the CES show
- Master System Goes Manic: Techmagic converting Pacmania, Populous and Shadow of the Beast to the Master System.
- Insector X: released on Megadrive in Japan.
- EA Hit Consoles: Electronic Arts line up first batch of Mega Drive software: Populous, Budokan and Zany Golf
- Domark's a Done Deal: Domark to produce Sega games.
- Japanese Mags
- The Last Ninja: System 3's Last Ninja II to be converted to NES.
- Paradroid Storms Nintendo: Paradroid to be converted to Nintendo?
- Accolade's E-Motional Harmony: Accolade to release E-Motion as Harmony on Gameboy.
- Consoles We Once Loved: #1 Atari VCS 2800
Page 14 (From Japan)
- It's Nearly Super Famicom Time: Super Famicom close to launch in Japan.
- I Bring You Hellfire: Hellfire soon to be released on Mega Drive.
Page 15 (From The USA)
- Total Recall: Dick Tracy and Total Recall to appear on NES.
- Tengen Goes MegaDrive: Tengen converting arcade titles Cyberball and Klax to Mega Drive
- Bots and Balls: Williams Pinbot to be released on NES.
Mega Man II - NES - 2 pages (30-31)
Moonwalker - Mega Drive - 2 pages (72-73)
Super Monaco GP - Mega Drive - 2 pages (96-97)
Pr = Presentation, G = Graphics, S = Sound, Pl = Play, L = Lastability.
|The Revenge of Shinobi||95||91||94||95||90||Utterly brilliant in every way. If you don't make this your next purchase you're mad!|
|Silent Service||81||78||76||82||86||Although it lacks the immediate action of other games, Silent Service is an enjoyable and interesting sub-simulation.|
|Impossible Mission||83||91||89||97||92||An utterly superbly game that simply oozes class. Don't miss it under any circumstances.|
|Life Force||79||86||83||85||88||A Stunning shoot 'em up which is a must for your collection.|
|Wonderboy III||93||92||77||95||96||An outstanding golden oldie which deserves to be snapped up immediately.|
|Golden Axe||90||91||85||92||89||A flawless conversion that even improves on the arcade game! Superb!|
|Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade||76||94||81||85||82||You'll believe a man can whip! A great looking game that offers plenty of fun.|
|Super Mario Bros II||90||89||89||94||85||A tremendous sequel to Super Mario Brothers.|
|Paperboy||84||89||79||89||78||It's great to see a classic game like this translated so well. Brilliant!|
|Gauntlet||83||86||81||94||89||Don't miss this exciting old-but-ageless classic!|
|Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles||89||84||88||90||87||Bodacious stuff! Definately worth shelling out for!|
|Bionic Commando||86||83||78||80||81||Difficult, but still an entertaining platform romp - essential for platforms 'n' ladders fiends.|
|Summer Games||82||49||54||43||40||Poor graphics and dull gameplay makes Summer Games a bummer game.|
|Ghouls 'n' Ghosts||85||89||92||94||89||A perfect conversion. Whether you're a fan of the coin-op or not, don't miss this.|
|Double Dragon II: The Revenge||87||79||78||86||77||If you haven't got the original game, Double Dragon II is highly recommended.|
|Super Hang-On||85||90||82||91||83||A very high quality racing game which is a must for speed freaks.|
|Thunder Force II||79||81||85||84||80||A fast and furious shoot 'em up which should appeal to blasting fanatics.|
|Truxton||71||82||74||85||76||A highly enjoyable blasting romp. Recommended to shoot 'em up fans.|
|Skate or Die||83||75||77||80||81||A tricky game to master - but has great potential if you persevere.|
5 Pages (35-39)
Mean Machines Sega Issue 1 includes a feature called Lookback which re-examines some of the games reviewed in this issue.