This issue was cover-dated November 2013 and cost £4.50
The Big Story - Chandra Nair - 2 pages (8-9)
- Editor-In-Chief Chandra Nair is very much looking foward to the steady flow of new Wii U titles and some exciting, brand new Nintendo hardware.
Mouthpiece - Brjann Sigurgeirsson - 2 pages (10-11)
- Image & Form's Brjann Sigurgeirsson became an eShop smash with SteamWorld Dig. ONM wants to know how, why and if he's got any spare cash.
World of Nintendo - 2 pages (12-13)
- The Wii U launch is taking the planet by storm: here's what on Earth is going on.
MiiPlaza - 2 pages (20-21)
- Check out what's hot in the Official Nintendo Magazine community this month
Connect - 2 pages (22-23)
- How do you communicate with ONM? Let us count the ways...
ONM Rant - 2 pages (24-25)
- Mario's Multiformat Future: The Countdown Begins - Ben Griffin
Network - 2 pages (26-27)
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Online) - 5 stars - 1 page (26)
- Art Academy: Sketchpad - 4 stars - 0.5 page (27)
- Disney Infinity Premade Tox Boxes - 2 stars - 0.5 page (27)
Smash Update - 2 pages (28-29)
- Picking through the month's Super Smash Bros. news, with a little help from our friends...
Meeting a Legend - 6 pages (32-37)
- An exclusive chat with the man who started it all.
The Wonderful 100 - 10 pages (50-59)
- A century of issues in and ONM is still going strong. Over the next eight pages, let us take you on a journey back to the very start of it all, to see the sights and frights (mainly Chris Scullion's 2007 hairstyle) of old.
Shu - Stopper - 4 pages (62-65)
- All rise for the right honourable Shu Takumi: legal eagle, ghost-buster and all-round DS legend.
Gallic Charms - 4 pages (68-71)
- An exclusive chat with one of the most talented games designers in the world for the inside scoop on Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil and the rest. Just don't ask him about his 'secret' game...
Cing: The Final Chapter - 4 pages (90-93)
- Hotel Dusk has shut its doors and there will never be another code. Three years after Cing's shock departure ONM talks to the mastermind behind DS and Wii's smartest stories...
Previews Round Up - 2 pages (48-49)
- Batman: Arkham Origins, Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi, Layton 7, Senran Kagura Burst, Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut, Treasurenauts
|Game Title||Publisher||Format||Reviewer||Pages||Pg No(s)||Rating (%)|
|The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD||Nintendo||Wii U||Matthew Castle||4||74-77||92|
|Harvest Moon: A New Beginning||Zen United||3DS||Matthew Castle||1||78||80|
|Inazuma Eleven 3||Nintendo||3DS||Joe Skrebels||1||79||70|
|Pokemon Rumble U||Nintendo||Wii U||Chris Schilling||1||80||64|
|Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams||Black Forest Games||Wii U eShop||Alex Dale||1||81||73|
|Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan||NIS||3DS||Joe Skrebels||2||82-83||89|
|Disney Infinity||Disney Interactive||Wii U||Joe Skrebels||4||84-87||72|
|Disney Infinity: Cars Play Set||Disney Interactive||Wii U||Joe Skrebels||0.33||88||61|
|Disney Infinity: Lone Ranger Play Set||Disney Interactive||Wii U||Joe Skrebels||0.33||88||62|
|SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers||Atlus||3DS||Matthew Castle||0.33||88||71|
|Street Fighter II||Capcom||Wii U VC||Michael Gapper||0.33||89||80|
|Street Fighter II Turbo||Capcom||Wii U VC||Michael Gapper||0.33||89||85|
|Super Street Fighter II||Capcom||Wii U VC||Michael Gapper||0.33||89||90|
- We expected a voyage down memory lane, but were instead treated to an adventure that is as fresh as it was when it first appeared in 2002. Spendid stuff.
- The seeds of discontent yield one of the fullest Harvest Moon crops in recent years. Be sure to stick with it through the slow bits: you'll thank us for it.
- IE3's mantra seems to be 'more is less'. Less: work for devs, learning for fans and interest for the uninitiated. It works, but is it really what an exciting series needs?
- A slight, but serviceable spin-off that has bags of energy, if little else. It's hardly a Skylanders-beater, but offers pleasing, brain-off fun in small doses.
- A dreamy platformer occasionally punctured by difficulty spikes and with a short-run through time that makes it a poor purchase for those seeking value.
- Mixes trademarks difficulty and accessibility with surprsing finesse. Not just a brilliant entry in the series, but a benchmark for other games of its type.
- Despite its potential, the Starter Pack feels a little limited. That said, four solid games is not to be sniffed at abd we imagine there's far more to come.
- Infinity at its most serviceable, which is fine. We're just hoping that Parent Trap divorce sim comes along soon.
- Among the best of the Play Sets released so far, but we're not going to suggest that's a staggering achievement.
- This is a genuinely interesting historical document, but Atlus' modern games are slicker. Wait for Shin Megami Tensei 4.
- The best fighting game in the world until Street Fighter II Championship Edition, which never came to SNES.
- Faster and more balanced than Street Fighter II, go for this one if you like your fighting turbo-charged.
- Two decades later there are better ways to play SFII, but none quite as special as this generation-defining moment.
Time Capsule - Joe Skrebels - 2 pages (98-99)
- Shigeru Miyamoto games - Donkey Kong, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Star Fox, Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Wave Race 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pikmin
Classic Moment - Matthew Castle - 2 pages (100-101)
- Raphael the Raven - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
How to... Create on issue of ONM from scratch - 2 pages (102-103)
The best of...
- Nintendo Wii U - 2 pages (104-105)
- Nintendo 3DS & 2DS - 2 pages (105-106)
- Nintendo 3DS & 2DS eShop - 1 page (107)
- Nintendo 3DS & 2DS - 1 page (108)
- Nintendo Wii - Wii Music - Matthew Castle - 1 page (110)
- Nintendo DS - Nintendogs - Matthew Castle - 1 page (111)
Official Nintendo Magazine Animal Crossing Diary - 2 pages (112-113)
- Celebrate issue 100 with a trip back in time to Animal Crossing: Wild World
Warp Zone - 1 page (114)
Deputy Art Editor
You may be able to buy this direct from the publisher. However they are only available for a very limited time.
|Front Covers • Reviews • Writers|