This issue was dated November 1990 and cost £1.25
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Action Game - Master System
Paperboy - Master System
Truxton - 88%
- We could be accused of being blinded by the overall brilliance of the Mega Drive thus effecting the ratings. We deny that folks - Truxton gets a very high rating 'cos it's a very good game. Simple as that.
Impossible Mission - 92%
- Very playable, very addictive, very thought provoking stuff that makes a good change from blasting things. You get a real sense of achievement when you clear out a room and you've only got yourself to blame when you come a cropper.
Gauntlet - 87%
- A great conversion. the game may be started to show it's age in gameplay terms but it's still jolly good. Gauntlet was one of the first games to launch a thousand clones and there's usually a good reason for copying a game. Not as good a game as Impossible Mission because you rarely need to think too much but you can't go wrong if you like simple gameplay.
Super Hang-On - 85%
- There's no faulting the conversion and the addition of the extra mode of play really adds something to the game. It's got just about everything a bike racing fan could want - speed, good handling and murderous courses.
Quartet - 60%
- A classic case of bad pacing that ruins what could have otherwise been a classic. It's not a disaster at all but when you look at it and play it for a while you'll see it has all the ingredients to make it one of the greats, but the potential of the game hasn't been realised.
Pro Wrestling - 76%
- Like so many two-player games, thats how they're designed to be played and you're only getting your money's worth if you've got someone to play against. Great fun if you have though.
|Game Title||Publisher||Format||Grap (%)||Soun (%)||Depth (%)||Add (%)||S-Factor (%)|
|Impossible Mission||US Gold||Master System||80||70||85||80||92|
|Gauntlet||US Gold||Master System||80||50||70||85||87|
|Super Hang-On||Sega||Mega Drive||85||70||60||70||85|
|Pro Wrestling||Sega||Master System||55||35||50||70||76|
|Front Covers • Reviews • Writers|