This issue was cover-dated January 1992 and released in December 1991. It cost £1.95.
Editorial / The Team - 1 page (2)
Contents - 1 page (3)
The Total! Adventure Compo - 1 page (27)
The Total! Gameplayers Championship 1992 - 2 pages (42-43)
Subscriptions - 1 page (82)
Next Month - 1 page (83)
Everyone's gone Nintendo crazy: Fact - 1,300,000 people now own NES and Game Boys in the UK. - (4)
The Super NES is coming! - (5)
10 Things You Never Wanted To Know About Mario... - (5)
Become a Nintendo Expert! - 5 pages (6-10)
- If you're wondering what system to buy, what add-ons to get or simply what to do with the stuff when you've bought it, you'll find all the answers here.
Reviews Introduction - 2 pages (11,61)
|Game Title||Publisher||Format||Reviewer||Pgs||Pg No(s)||Looks||Sounds||Game- play||Life Span||Final Rating (%)|
|Super Mario Bros. 3||Nintendo||NES||Steve Jarratt||4||12-15||9||9||10||9||98|
|Solar Jetman||Nintendo||NES||Steve Jarratt||3||16-18||9||9||9||9||92|
|WWF Wrestlemania Challenge||LJN Ltd||NES||Andy Dyer||1||19||8||6||4||1||37|
|The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants||Acclaim||NES||Steve Jarratt||2||22-23||7||9||8||7||81|
|Captain Skyhawk||Nintendo||NES||Andy Dyer||2||24-25||9||9||8||6||83|
|Time Lord||MB||NES||Andy Dyer||1||31||5||5||4||3||43|
|Isolated Warrior||Nintendo||NES||Andy Dyer||2||32-33||8||5||8||7||72|
|Digger T. Rock: The Legend of the Lost City||MB||NES||Steve Jarratt||2||34-35||6||8||5||4||58|
|Top Gun: The Second Mission||Konami||NES||Steve Jarratt||2||36-37||9||9||6||4||66|
|Battle of Olympus, The||Nintendo||NES||Andy Dyer||2||38-39||8||5||9||9||92|
|Defender of the Crown||Palcom||NES||Steve Jarratt||2||40-41||6||4||8||5||71|
|Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road||Nintendo||NES||Andy Dyer||2||44-45||7||5||5||4||54|
|Snake Rattle 'n Roll||Nintendo||NES||Steve Jarratt||2||46-47||10||9||9||7||90|
|Boulder Dash||First Star||NES||Andy Dyer||2||48-49||8||8||9||9||90|
|Gauntlet II||Mindscape||NES||Steve Jarratt||2||50-51||10||10||8||7||88|
|Skate or Die||Palcom||NES||Andy Dyer||2||52-53||4||8||5||4||52|
|Bubble Bobble||Taito||NES||Steve Jarratt||2||54-55||8||6||9||7||80|
|F-1 Race||Nintendo||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||62||9||9||9||9||88|
|RoboCop||Ocean||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||63||8||8||6||7||74|
|Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan||Konami||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||64||9||9||8||8||91|
|R-Type||Nintendo||Game Boy||Steve Jarratt||1||65||10||8||8||8||86|
|Side Pocket||Data East||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||66||6||6||4||4||59|
|The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle||Kemco||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||67||6||4||4||4||43|
|Super Mario Land||Nintendo||Game Boy||Steve Jarratt||1||68||9||8||9||7||94|
|Super R.C. Pro-Am||Nintendo||Game Boy||Steve Jarratt||1||69||9||6||9||6||87|
|Qix||Nintendo||Game Boy||Steve Jarratt||1||70||5||5||7||6||83|
|Revenge of the Gator||HAL Laboratory||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||71||8||8||9||10||85|
|Solar Striker||Nintendo||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||72||3||7||8||8||72|
|Batman||Sunsoft||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||73||8||9||8||7||80|
|Golf||Nintendo||Game Boy||Steve Jarratt||1||74||8||7||9||9||92|
|Tennis||Nintendo||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||75||7||8||9||8||95|
|Kwirk||Acclaim||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||76||6||8||8||8||78|
|Dr. Mario||Nintendo||Game Boy||Steve Jarratt||1||77||6||8||6||5||64|
|Castlevania: The Adventure||Konami||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||78||9||8||8||7||89|
|Nintendo World Cup||Nintendo||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||79||8||5||6||6||64|
|King of the Zoo||Nintendo||Game Boy||Steve Jarratt||1||80||7||8||9||8||87|
|The Chessmaster||Software Toolworks||Game Boy||Andy Dyer||1||81||7||8||10||10||90|
Super Mario Bros. 3 - 98%
- Totally stunning! Over the last few years i've played an awful lot of games on a lot of different machines - and this beats them all. What else can I say?
Solar Jetman - 92%
- Hard to fault this game, really. It's technically stunning, incredibly playable and more polished than your mom's silver. Buy and enjoy!
WWF Wrestlemania Challenge - 37%
- The graphics are good and the wrestling moves are actually quite impressive. But at the end of the day, it's neither challenging, nor very exciting.
Batman - 81%
- There's nothing really original about this game but who cares when it plays so well? Each level is long with some ingenious and tricky end-of-level challenges. Basically a great game!
Bart vs the Space Mutants - 81%
- If it wasn't for the lack of a password system, Bart and family would have been kicking around the 90's. Still, this is a real smart game and no mistake!
Captain Skyhawk - 83%
- Incredibly snazzy graphics, three different types of gameplay, fast-paced action and beautiful presentation. A spiffingly good blast 'em up.
Goal! - 39%
- WAH! Flickery graphics, random player-switching and opponents with glue on their boots. Everything you never wanted from a football game.
Solstice - 90%
- Apart from the lack of a save game this is brill. The graphics are unbelievable, the challenge is huge and the gameplay totally rivetting!
Time Lord - 43%
- Darn it! I like the idea behind this, but the gameplay is so frustrating. Silly puzzles and poor programming have made this a real pain to play.
Isolated Warrior - 72%
- Some of the levels drag on a bit, but the graphics are pretty hot (if a little flickery) and the gameplay is frantic! Yep, this is one mean blast!
Digger T. Rock - 58%
- Lots of neat ideas, but Digger T. Rock is just too frustrating. I didn't really enjoy playing it that much, and I don't think you'll be thrilled either.
Top Gun: The Second Mission - 66%
- This is an amazing looking game - a real stomach churner. But it's so flippin' tough your stomach will be churning for the wrong reason.
Battle of Olympus - 92%
- This is a lot prettier than many adventures and there's plenty of slice 'n' dice action. Variety, good atmosphere and a quest that goes on and on!
Defender of the Crown - 71%
- This classic strategy game is a bit disappointing. It's very good, but could have been even better.
Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road - 54%
- No good as a one-player game - it's too easy and too dull. It's only worth a second glance if you're really into simultaneous multi-player action.
Snake Rattle 'n Roll - 90%
- Another unbelievable game from Rare and Nintendo. It's challenging, plays like a dream and the two-player option is the biz!
Boulder Dash - 90%
- He may be an old man, but Rockford's looking better than ever. Smart graphics, masses of levels and a challenge bigger than, er, a very big thing.
Gauntlet II - 88%
- As-near-as-dammit-arcade-perfect. Technically superb and terrific fun with a group of friends. Delve into the dungeons, but don't go alone!
Skate or Die - 52%
- If I had the choice between skating and dying it'd be a close-run thing. There are certainly better ways to spend your NES playing time.
Bubble Bobble - 80%
- Spoiled by too many continues and passwords, but still more playable than the contents of a large jar marked 'Danger! Playable substances!'.
F-1 Race - 88%
- Who'd have thought such speed was possible on the Gameboy? And it's not just an exercise in programming. The gameplay is spot-on, the graphics are brill and the four-player option is the bee's knees!
Robocop - 74%
- Looks professional but the annoying gameplay will get to you. Robo is just too sluggish (unlike his enemies). It's very good but brilliant.
Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan - 91%
- I'm not a massive Turtles fan but this is great. The graphics are excellent, the sound is well-funky and what's more it's playable beyond belief.
R-Type - 86%
- R-Type fans won't find anything new in this version. But if you've been starved of blasting action it's a big enough meal for anybody.
Side Pocket - 59%
- More of a puzzle game with pool balls than a true pool simulation. With a computer opponent and English rules it could have been great.
The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle - 43%
- What a waste of an opportunity. If any character was going to make a good game it was Bugs. But despite good animation, this is dull beyond belief.
Super Mario Land - 94%
- Yet another wonderful Mario game (where will it end?). You must own a Game Boy, so why haven't you got Super Mario Land?
Super RC Pro-Am - 87%
- Onec again, Rare manage the impossible with this stunning R.C. racer! The thrill won't last forever, but the multi-player option is a winner.
Qix - 83%
- If you fancy something different, this will definately fit the bill! It's very unusual and extremely playable, but perhaps lacking variety.
Revenge of the Gator - 85%
- This is as close to real pinball as you can get, and has more features than your average table! It's fine, fun and flipperin' brill!
Solar Striker - 72%
- It looks a bit old fashioned but the high level of playability makes up for it. And there are enough difficult levels to keep you going for ages.
Batman - 80%
- A few niggling faults in the gameplay, but Batman is still a good jaunt. Certainly no complaints in the audio-video department!
Golf - 92%
- A stupendous version of the sport, with everything you could possibly want. Golf fans should buy it now!
Tennis - 95%
- Stunningly simple tennis simulation, but one which plays much better than those on bigger machines. What do I think of it? Love all!
Kwirk - 78%
- Standard graphics but the sound is pretty good. It's also very playable. Excellent as an occasional time-filler and should last you a long time.
Dr. Mario - 64%
- Clever attempt at a Tetris-style puzzler, that doesn't quite work. You'll enjoy your first few attempts, but it soon becomes a bit of a drag.
Castlevania Adventure - 89%
- If it wasn't for the annoying restart points this game might have got into the nineties. Even so, it's still a rip-roaring little game. Give it a bash!
Nintendo World Cup - 64%
- This is very different to many footy sims that have been released. But despite interesting graphics and some nice features it's still flawed.
King of the Zoo - 87%
- Weird, wacky and wonderful. Simple ideas are always the best and this one's as simple as Thicky! If it's fast action you're after, here it is!
The Chess Master - 90%
- Snazzy speech, sampled sounds, loads of skill levels and an idiot-proof control system. It all adds up to a helluva version of a helluva game.
Super Mario Bros - NES - 1 page (56)
Super Mario Land - Gameboy - 1 page (57)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - NES - 2 pages (58-59)
Other Tips - Golf, Batman, Castlevania Adventure, Snake Rattle N Roll, Bubble Bobble, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan, Side Pocket, Tennis, The Simpsons - 1 page (60)