This magazine was released in November 2007 and cost £3.99.
Next-generation gaming goes mainstream - 1⅓ pages (8-9)
- NVIDIA 8800GT graphics card heralds a new age of affordable DirectX 10 performance.
Dimension gun is a hole lotta fun (9)
Gamer's mini-marvel has LANded (9)
- Shuttle's small form factor PCs punch well above their weight.
Is online gaming dying a death... (10)
- ...or has the demise of MMO been grossly exaggerated?
This month we love... Steve Ballmer's big mouth (11)
Games for Windows Live can't match Steam power (11)
- All new update fails to top free alternatives
David Braben Interview - Dan Howdle - 2 pages (12-13)
Columns - 1 page (14)
Assassin's Creed - Developer interview - 4 pages (26-29)
Mod Report - 2 pages (78-79)
Weapons of Mass Destruction - 4 pages (100-103)
- Ever wondered how your favourite in-game weapons would fare in a real-world ruck? TPCG picks ten of the best and asks a specially selected panel of experts.
- Stomps all over the 360 version - GOW PC's longevity means its a bargain for PC gamers.
- Gripping, deep and full of action. Pulled in by the first cut scene, you'll stick with it until the bitter end.
- A brief but stunning single-player mode is fleshed out by the scope of multiplayer. Absolutely riveting.
- Breathtaking, cinematic horror that, for once, doesn't torture the FPS genre with cliched shoc tactics.
- A few rough edges, but at heart a proficient action RPG offering multiple gameplay experiences.
- It's unoriginal, but TimeShift still works due to excellent action, awesome visuals and insane set pieces.
- Nival has done no harm to its reputation for a quality budget ttile here.
- Intriguing idea but the pace is sluggish and its concept hasnt been fully exploited.
- As a golfing game it works but it's just another clone with nothing new to offer.
- FIFA improves its formula but it still lacks the vitality of its console counterparts.
- Definitely one of the best real-time strategies we've played this year.
- Sub-par presentation, but there is fun to be had in its generic bandit-bashing.
- No prizes for innovation or originality, but this is no slouch of an expansion pack.
- Quality rather than quantity, but this will provide you with ten hours of fun.
- The Ship is cutting-edge in terms of genre, gameplay and delivery.
- A solid muliplayer experience marred by a broken single-player game.
- The battles just about make the time you spend trawling the ocean worthwhile.
- Exactly what else were you going to do with that lunchbreak anyway?
- It's tasty, addictive, nutrition-free and too much of it will make you sick.
- Look past the visuals and clunky interface to find a rewarding experience.
- It's bizarre, but Immortal Desire will entertain some, even if it's short-lived.
Spawn Point (News)Edit
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures - (82-83)
- The latest on its innovative combat system and campaign structure
Gods & Heroes is canned - (83)
- Developer Perpetual blames 'lofty and ambitious goals' for the fall of the Roman empire.
Fists in Fury - (83)
- PvP-focused MMO offers unique tactical abilities to spellcasters.
City of Heroes - (84)
- Massively multiplayer role-playing games, Batman!
Classic Battles - EVE Online - (86)
Richard Garriott Interview - Lara Crigger - 1⅓ pages (93-95)
|Game Title||Publisher||Reviewer||Pages||Pg No(s)||Verdict|
|Guild Wars: Eye of the North||NCsoft||April Madden||1||96||7|
|Bounty Bay Online||Yusho/Frogster||Ian Morris||1||97||2|
- A brilliant expansion pack, designed for hardcore fans
- Rushing translation and making it unplayable is unforgivable.
Gaming Cases - Matt Powell - 7 pages (104-110)
|V1200 Plus II||Lian Li||1||109||9|
|Asus G2SC||Laptop||Matt Powell||2||112-113||7|
|Kobalt Apache VI||PC||Matt Tuffin||2||114-115||9|
|Beast Taurus||PC||Russell Barnes||2||116-117||7|
|Abit IP35 Pro||Motherboard||Ben Miles||1||118||9|
|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System||Controller||Matt Powell||1||119||8|
|Commodore XX||PC||Matt Powell||1||120||3|
|Razer Diamondback 3G Gaming Mouse||Mouse||Ben Miles||0.67||123||7|
|Enermax Infinit 720W SLI||PSU||Ben Miles||0.33||123||8|
|IZ3D 22-Inch Monitor||Monitor||Matt Powell||0.67||125||4|
|Asus Physx P1||Physics Processor||Matt Powell||0.33||125||7|
|Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse||Mouse||Ben Biggs||0.67||127||8|
|Cyborg Rumble Gamepad||Controller||Ben Biggs||0.33||127||7|
Build a Rig - 2 pages (128-129)
Emulator Expose - Commodore Amiga 500 - Craig Grannell - 2 pages (140-141)
Group Art Editor
- Mike Anderiesz, Lara Crigger, David Crookes, Craig Gilmore, Craig Grannell, Alex Handy, Adam Harrold, Dan Howdle, April Madden, Oliver Mather, Jason McMasters, Ben Miles, Ian Morris, Chris Reynolds, James Rundle, Lesley Smith, Spanner, Matt Tuffin, Kelly Wand