Volume 1 Issue 3 was likely released late April 1996 and cost £2.95
Virgin Feels the Force - (6-7)
- After a slow start to their PlayStation roll-out, Virgin have suddenly gone into overdrive, a nnouncing a whole plethora of new PSX product...
Hot Net Sites - 1 page (8) Out Now - 1 page (9)
Spring ECTS - 4 pages (16-19)
- US Gold, Ocean, Gremlin, BMG, GT Interactive, Warner Interactive, Codemasters, Telstar, Sony, Philips Media
Write On! - 4 pages (84-87)
Earthworm Jim 2 - 4 pages (12-15)
Excalibur 2555 A.D. - ½ page (20)
Davis Cup Complete Tennis - ½ page (20)
Sim City 2000 - ½ page (21)
Blazing Dragons - ½ page (21)
Pitball - ½ page (22)
Return Fire - ½ page (22)
QAD: Quintessential Art of Destruction - ½ page (23)
PO'ed - ½ page (23)
ONSIDE Complete Soccer - 2 pages (24-25)
Tunnel B1 - 2 pages (26-27)
Olympic Soccer: Atlanta 1996 - 2 pages (28-29)
|Game Title||Publisher||Pgs||Pg No(s)||Grap||Soun||Play||Over|
|Impact Racing||JVC / Virgin||3||38-40||80||82||86||86|
|Road Rash||Electronic Arts||2||66-67||85||88||92||88|
|Magic Carpet||Electronic Arts / Bullfrog||2||74-75||93||92||90||91|
|Adidas Power Soccer||Sony||2||76-77||95||93||95||96|
|The Need for Speed||Electronic Arts||3||78-80||80||81||85||80|
- This is an extremely competitive sector of the market. With this in mind, Impact Racing fits snugly into the pack and has done JVC proud. Worth checking out but take a careful look at the options, too.
- Not the best platform game on the PlayStation but it's a game you can really warm to after a while. Soft, mild and plenty of flavour for weary gamers.
- A good enough platform game, but nothing new and exciting. If you've played any other platform game, then this will be sadly familiar.
- This game retains all the classic ingredients that made the original great but the fact that it's just a straight port from the 3DO is a little disappointing
- The difficulty is slightly on the hard side and can be taxing and annoying at times but the rewards are worth the effort. Overall, a class act that will be tough to follow.
- A very polished and accomplished shoot-'em-up with a little bit of strategy thrown in for good measure. What more can you ask for?
- Overall, the game oozes quality but some people may not appreciate the simplicity of the play combined with the complexity of the maps. Quite simply mindblowing in the extreme.
- My personal choice as the best game so far on the PlayStation. Lets hope Magic Carpet 2 is just as good, if not better! Until then, just buy this game right now.
- The best football game on the PlayStation at the moment. Kicks all the others into touch! I don't think I need to say any more than that, do I?
- A good game in it's own right which would've been a classic if EA had included the original plot and gameplay somewhere for us to play and enjoy.
- A good game that really didn't become any better by being released officially. At least we can understand what's going on now!
Alien Trilogy - Complete Solution - 20 pages (41-60)
Mini Tips - 2 pages (88-89)
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22, ESPN Extreme Games, Goal Storm, Rapid Reload, Namco Museum Vol. 1, NFL GameDay, Rayman, Resident Evil, The Raiden Project, TwinBee, Viewpoint
Mini Tips Q&A - 2 pages (92-93)